Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Red Sox

I have debated if I should make an entry concerning the Red Sox or not. I'm sure that if I had this site up and active last week, there would have been many posts.

Now I feel as though I should well enough alone.

I wasn't around for the 'Impossible Dream.' I can only live those experiences through video and print. I don't know if that loss was painful or not.

Everything looks good: ALCS comeback; beating the Yankees; 8 errors and a 2-0 start.

I've watched Celtics win the title a few times. I've watched the Niners win 5 big games and the Pats win 2. There was even that year that I rooted for 77 in a Colorado sweater. Two years ago I sat through two overtimes as my adopted Buckeyes won the national championship.

I'm not sure what a Red Sox win would feel like. I'd sure like to get rid of the media hype about 'curses' and destiny-to-fail. On the other hand those trips to the edge of victory only to meet the agony of defeat are what bonds sox fans together.

Well, halfway there. Out of the corner of my eye I keep looking for the other shoe to drop. If it does drop it sure is going to hurt.

World Series Gaffs - Slaughter scoring on Pesky, a broken down pitcher taking the mound when he was supposed to, errors in 75 & 86 and more importantly strike 3 in 86.

2004 counter points - Pesky's Pole gives a game one victory, Curt Shilling takes the mound in game 6 in the ALCS and game 2 in the WS. Foulke has a 0.00 ERA over 12 innings in 9 games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments